Take Float Into Fitness Pool Course and Get Fully Certified!
Combine your love of the water and passion for fitness with our new pool certification! This training will cover the necessary skills for teaching pool yoga/fitness on paddleboards, or pool yoga/fitness with inflatable fitness mat style boards.
What Makes Float Into Fitness The Right Choice For You?
- Two days of training with the Float Into Fitness® Master Trainers trained under ROXY Pro SUP Athlete Gillian Gibree (EMT, Ocean Lifeguard, ACE – PT, WPA Instructor, E-RYT 200) learning key techniques, water safety, two styles of SUP Yoga & SUP Fitness, and how to run pool classes.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of all equipment required to teach and choose proper equipment – boards, paddles, accessories, and FITmats.
- Receive extensive water safety instruction from qualified Lifeguard/EMTs with real-life scenarios (Pool SUP Only)
- Receive an advanced technique and teaching workshop from a professional SUP athlete (Pool SUP Only)
- Learn how to teach a safe and thorough Float Into Fitness signature FIF Beginner Lesson (Pool SUP Only), Gentle Wave, Nautical Flow, Surfer’s Sculpt.
- (Boga FITmat Level 1 is an additional option with Master Trainer Gillian Gibree only)
- Receive cutting-edge information on training principles, fitness programming and teaching methodologies.
- Float Into Fitness Pool Fitness Certification
- Receive a Level 1 WPA (World Paddle Association) Certificate (Pool SUP only – not FITmat)
- Receive 10 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education credits
- Receive 1.3 American Council of Exercise (ACE) accrediting units
- Receive Boga FITMAT Level 1 Certification (With Boga FITMAT Master Trainer Gillian Gibree only)
- Listing in our instructor directory, with the options to become a business Affiliate and receive traffic to your business website
- Take your love of paddleboarding or aquatic fitness to the pool!
You will learn to confidently teach Float into Fitness® signature 1 hour classes: Beginner Lesson (Pool SUP Only) (how to teach a beginner sup lesson, technique, water safety), Gentle Wave (beginner SUP Yoga class with restorative poses and guided savasana meditation) and Nautical Flow (intermediate vinyasa flow class with arm balances and inversions).
You will also learn to confidently teach a 1 Hour Surfer Sculpt (Land based warm up followed by interval training & a SUP Yoga cool down)
Training includes teach-backs so that by the end, students will feel confident instructing all classes.
- Learn how to create and market successful Pool SUP Yoga and SUP Fitness classes in your community through our Business Workshop
- Each participant receives product from our sponsors, Float Into Fitness certificates, WPA Level 1 Certificate (Pool SUP only), 1.3 ACE credits, 10 hours of Yoga Alliance CEU credits over two fun filled days!
- As a Float Into Fitness ambassador you will receive discounts on water sports insurance, Equipment, apparel, and other pool accessories. Get great deals on your new business venture!
(Additional option with Master Trainer Gillian Gibree only) You will be certified to teach with BOGA FITMAT. The FITMAT is a floating training platform that provides a new, fun, and dynamic way to exercise. Its main feature is its rigidity and ability to float on water. It can hold in excess of 400lbs without sacrificing its integrity and can make the most basic exercises challenging. Designed specifically for pools, shorter, smaller stable design allows for maximum stability in a small footprint. The floating fitness mat includes everything you need to create a class, tie down locations and specially designed BOGA tethering cords that attach the boards easily.
- APRIL 22 & 23, 2017 • DENVER, COLORADO • EVENT INFORMATION
Private and Accelerated Certification classes in Santa Barbara are available throughout the year. Please email email@example.com to inquire.
Cost: $500 INCLUDES the 2 day 15 hour Fitness Mat & SUP Yoga/Fitness program, Float Into Fitness Certification, Level 1 WPA Certification ($300 value), 10 hours of Yoga Alliance CEU’s, 1.3 ACE (American Council on Exercise) credentials, (Additional Option with Gillian Gibree – Level 1 Boga FITMAT Certification ($265 value) and a goodie bag! Snacks and drinks are provided. There is an additional fee if you wish to be listed on the WPA and BOGA boards website.
Apply: Fill out the Float Into Fitness Certification Application and press “Submit”.
Requirements: You will need to submit your current CPR, AED and First Aid certification, and you should be a proficient swimmer and comfortable doing water sports.
It is recommended to have two years of teaching (any kind) experience and two years of yoga experience. It is highly recommended to have your 200 hour RYT certification, however it is not required to apply. (You should be currently enrolled in your 200HR TT or have plans in the near future to attend. It is not advised to be instructing Yoga until this is completed.)
It is recommended to have two years of fitness instruction or coaching experience (e.g. group fitness instruction, personal training, etc.). It is also highly recommended to have a nationally recognized NCCA-accredited fitness certification (such as ACE, ACSM, NSCA or NASM), however it is not required to apply. (You should be currently studying for a NCCA-accredited fitness credential or have plans in the next 12 months of earning a reputable credential. It is not advised to be instructing SUP Fitness programming until a primary fitness certification is earned.)
Note: AIRBNB is an excellent site for finding rooms or cottages, and Lyft is a cheap transportation service downloaded through your iPhone. (Use code Gillian297 for $25 free credit).