Take Float Into Fitness Pool Course and Get Fully Certified!
Combine your love of the water and passion for fitness with our new pool certification! This training will cover the necessary skills for teaching pool yoga/fitness on paddleboards, OR pool yoga/fitness with inflatable fitness mats!
What Makes Float Into Fitness The Right Choice For You?
- Two days of training with the Float Into Fitness® Master Trainers trained under ROXY Pro SUP Athlete Gillian Gibree (EMT, Ocean Lifeguard, ACE – PT, WPA Master Trainer, E-RYT 200) learning key techniques, water safety, and two styles of Yoga & Fitness.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all equipment required to teach and choose proper equipment – boards, paddles, accessories, and/or FITmats.
- Receive cutting-edge information on training principles, yoga/fitness programming and teaching methodologies.
- Receive water safety instruction from qualified Lifeguard/EMTs with real-life scenarios
- Learn how to teach safe and thorough Float Into Fitness signature classes – Gentle Wave, Nautical Flow, and Surfer’s Sculpt.
- Learn how to teach safe and thorough Float Into Fitness signature Beginner Lesson (SUP Only)
- Receive an advanced technique and teaching workshop from a SUP athletes (SUP Only)
- Receive a Level 1 WPA (World Paddle Association) Certificate (Pool SUP only – not FITmat)
- Float Into Fitness Pool Fitness Certification
- Receive 12 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education credits
- Receive 2.6 American Council of Exercise (ACE) accrediting units
- Receive Boga FITMAT Level 1 Certification (With Boga FITMAT Master Trainer Gillian Gibree only- valued at $269)
- Listing in our instructor directory, with the options to become a business Affiliate and receive traffic to your business website
- Take your love of paddleboarding or aquatic fitness to the pool!
You will learn to confidently teach Float into Fitness® signature 1 hour classes: Beginner Lesson (Pool SUP Only) (how to teach a beginner sup lesson, technique, water safety), Gentle Wave (beginner SUP Yoga class with restorative poses and guided savasana meditation) and Nautical Flow (intermediate vinyasa flow class with arm balances and inversions).
You will also learn to confidently teach a 1 Hour Surfer Sculpt (Dynamic warm up followed by interval training & a Yoga cool down)
Training includes teach-backs so that by the end, students will feel confident instructing all classes.
- Learn how to create and market successful Pool Yoga and Fitness classes in your community through our Business Workshop
- Each participant receives product from our sponsors, Float Into Fitness certificates, WPA Level 1 Certificate (Pool SUP only), 2.6 ACE credits, 12 hours of Yoga Alliance CEU credits over two fun filled days!
- As a Float Into Fitness ambassador you will receive discounts on water sports insurance, equipment, apparel, and other accessories.* Get great deals on your new business venture!
(Additional option with BOGA FITMAT Master Trainer Gillian Gibree only) You will be certified to teach with BOGA FITMAT. The FITMAT is a floating training platform that provides a new, fun, and dynamic way to exercise. Its main feature is its rigidity and ability to float on water. It can hold in excess of 400lbs without sacrificing its integrity and can make the most basic exercises challenging. Designed specifically for pools, shorter, smaller stable design allows for maximum stability in a small footprint. The floating fitness mat includes everything you need to create a class, tie down locations and specially designed BOGA tethering cords that attach the boards easily.
- APRIL 22 & 23, 2017 • DENVER, COLORADO • EVENT INFORMATION
Private and Accelerated Certification classes are available throughout the year in Santa Barbara or Colorado. Please email email@example.com to inquire.
TWO DAY OPTION: $500 INCLUDES the 2 day, 15 hour Float Into Fitness Certification, Level 1 WPA Certification ($300 value – Pool SUP ONLY), 12 hours of Yoga Alliance CEU’s, 2.6 ACE (American Council on Exercise) credentials, Level 1 Boga FITMAT Certification ($269 value) and a goodie bag! Snacks and drinks are provided. There is an additional fee if you wish to be listed on the WPA and BOGA FITMAT website.
ONE DAY OPTION – FITMAT LEVEL 1 ONLY: $269 INCLUDES 1 day Boga FITMAT Level 1 Training with Master Trainer Gillian Gibree. This is for private bookings only.
Apply: Fill out the Float Into Fitness Certification Application and press “Submit”.
Requirements: You will need to submit your current CPR, AED and First Aid certification, and you should be a proficient swimmer and comfortable doing water sports.
Yoga Instruction: It is recommended to have two years of teaching (any kind) experience and two years of yoga experience. It is highly recommended to have your 200 hour RYT or Fitness certification, however it is not required to apply. (You should be currently enrolled in your 200HR TT or have plans in the near future to attend. It is not advised to be instructing until this is completed.)
Fitness Instruction: It is recommended to have two years of fitness instruction or coaching experience (e.g. group fitness instruction, athletic coaching, personal training, etc.). It is also highly recommended to have a nationally recognized NCCA-accredited fitness certification (such as ACE, ACSM, NSCA or NASM), however it is not required to apply. (You should be currently studying for a NCCA-accredited fitness credential or have plans in the next 12 months of earning a reputable credential. It is not advised to be instructing SUP Fitness programming until a primary fitness certification is earned.)
Note: AIRBNB is an excellent site for finding rooms or cottages (use www.airbnb.com/c/ggibree for $20 credit), and Lyft is a cheap transportation service downloaded through your iPhone. (Use code Gillian297 for $25 free credit).
*Looking for a discount now? Check out our products page for discounts from our partners. (You will be eligible to receive a larger discount after you complete the training)