Spend four educational days on both land and water learning how to develop and instruct SUP fitness classes and training sessions!
What makes Paddle Into Fitness better than the rest?
- Four days of training with the Paddle Into Fitness® team including ROXY Pro SUP Athlete Gillian Gibree (EMT, Ocean Lifeguard, WPA Instructor, E-RYT 200) & Jessica Matthews, MS (nationally recognized fitness expert, master trainer, exercise science professor, E-RYT 500) honing your paddle skills, turns and water safety, learning key movement techniques, mastering effective exercise cueing and learning the essential elements of creating successful SUP fitness experiences.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of all equipment required to teach and how to choose proper equipment – boards, paddles, accessories, anchors, and fins.
- Receive extensive water safety instruction from qualified Lifeguard/EMT’s with real life scenarios, as well information on water laws and regulations
- Learn how to instruct a safe and thorough beginner stand up paddle board lesson
- Receive an advanced stroke technique and turns workshop from a professional SUP athlete
- Learn how to create and instruct safe and effective Surfer’s Sculpt class
- Learn how to teach Advanced SUP lessons – how to correct student’s stroke technique, how to teach advanced turns, and how to design an interval training program for private clients.
- Receive cutting edge information on training principles, fitness programming and teaching methodologies.
- Receive a Level 1 WPA (World Paddle Association) Certificate, Paddle Into Fitness SUP & SUP Fitness Certificate, and 2.6 CEC’s from the American Council on Exercise (ACE).
- Paddle in a FUN mini Battle of the Paddle race with other students from around the world!
You will learn to confidently teach Paddle into Fitness® signature 1.5 hour Beginner Lesson (how to teach a beginner SUP lesson, technique, water safety) a 1.5 Hour Surfer Sculpt (Beach & water based fitness followed by SUP interval training & a SUP Yoga cool down) as well as Advanced SUP (Race starts, turns, and finishes as well as creating a SUP Interval training program for private clients)
- Training includes practical experiences and partner practice teaching so that by the end, students will feel confident instructing SUP fitness programming
- Learn how to navigate the fitness industry and successfully build your personal brand through our Business of SUP Fitness workshop
- Each participant receives a swag bag with product from our sponsors , as well as a Paddle Into Fitness Level 1 & 2 SUP certificate, WPA Level 1 Certificate, and 2.6 ACE CEC’s over four fun filled days!
- As a Paddle Into Fitness ambassador you will receive a discount on water sports insurance, discounts on equipment, and SUP accessories. Get great deals on your new paddle yoga business venture!
Upcoming Certifications: More 2017 Dates coming soon!
- FEBRUARY 16 & 17 (WPA LEVEL 1) 20 & 21 (SUP FITNESS) • HONOLULU, HAWAII • EVENT INFORMATION
- APRIL 1 & 2 (WPA LEVEL 1) 5 & 6 (SUP FITNESS) • SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA • EVENT INFORMATION
- MAY 20 (WPA LEVEL 1) May 21 (SUP FITNESS) ACCELERATED FORMAT • SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA • EVENT INFORMATION
- JUNE 10 & 11 (WPA LEVEL 1) 14 & 15 (SUP FITNESS) • TORONTO, CANADA • EVENT INFORMATION
- OCTOBER 28 & 29 (WPA LEVEL 1) NOVEMBER 1 & 2 (SUP FITNESS) • SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA • EVENT INFORMATION
Private and Accelerated Certification classes in San Diego or Santa Barbara are available throughout the year. Please email email@example.com to inquire.
When booking a listed course with an ACCELERATED FORMAT, please note: This certification will be held in a small group with an accelerated format (Two days only). The course included all of the same material and training offered in our larger group classes, but at a faster and customized pace. The cost, qualifications, and application process remain unchanged.
Cost: $999 INCLUDES the four day (Accelerated Format is two days) 30 hour WPA Paddleboard & SUP Fitness program, Paddle Into Fitness Level 1 & 2 SUP, Level 1 WPA Certification ($300 value), 2.6 ACE (American Council on Exercise) credentials, and a goodie bag! Snacks and drinks are provided. There is an additional $30 WPA registration fee if you wish to be listed on the WPA website. Please bring your own board & paddle, otherwise equipment can be rented from the host location.
To Apply: Fill out the Paddle into Fitness SUP Fitness Teacher Training Application and press “Submit”. A $400 deposit is required. This payment can be made online by adding this certification to your cart!
Requirements: You will need to submit your current CPR, AED and First Aid certification, and you should be a proficient swimmer and comfortable doing water sports. It is recommended to have two years of fitness instruction or coaching experience (e.g. group fitness instruction, personal training, etc.). It is also highly recommended to have a nationally recognized NCCA-accredited fitness certification (such as ACE, ACSM, NSCA or NASM), however it is not required to apply. (You should be currently studying for a NCCA-accredited fitness credential or have plans in the next 12 months of earning a reputable credential. It is not advised to be instructing SUP Fitness programming until a primary fitness certification is earned.)