Take All Three Paddle Into Fitness SUP Courses At Once To Get Fully Certified!
Save time and money by bundling our Paddleboard Certification, SUP Yoga Certification, and SUP Fitness Certification into one complete package.
What Makes Paddle Into Fitness Better Than The Rest?
- Six days of training with the Paddle Into Fitness® Master Trainers including ROXY Pro SUP Athlete Gillian Gibree (EMT, Ocean Lifeguard, ACE–PT, WPA Master Trainer, E-RYT 200) honing your paddle skills, learning key techniques, turns and water safety, two styles of SUP Yoga & SUP Fitness
- Develop comprehensive understanding of all equipment required to teach and choose proper equipment – boards, paddles, accessories, anchors, and fins.
- Receive extensive water safety instruction from qualified Lifeguard/EMTs with real life scenarios, as well information on water laws and regulations
- Receive an advanced stroke technique and turns workshop from a professional SUP athlete
- Learn how to teach a safe and thorough Paddle Into Fitness signature PIF Beginner Lesson, Gentle Wave, Nautical Flow, Surfer’s Sculpt, and PIF Advanced SUP
- Receive cutting edge information on training principles, fitness programming and teaching methodologies.
- Paddle Into Fitness SUP, SUP Yoga, SUP Fitness Certifications
- Receive a Level 1 WPA (World Paddle Association) Certificate
- Receive 25 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education credits
- Receive 3.9 American Council of Exercise (ACE) accrediting units
- CanFitPro credits eligible with a submitted CEC Request (Entitled to 3 PTS, FIS CECs. CEC Request form is available to download from CanFitPro site – fee applicable)
- Listing in our instructor directory, with the options to become a business Affiliate and receive traffic to your business website
- Paddle in a FUN mini Battle of the Paddle race with other students from around the world!
You will learn to confidently teach Paddle into Fitness® signature 1.5 hour paddleboard classes: Beginner Lesson (how to teach a beginner sup lesson, technique, water safety), Gentle Wave (beginner SUP Yoga class with restorative poses and guided savasana meditation) and Nautical Flow (intermediate vinyasa flow class with arm balances and inversions).
You will also learn to confidently teach a 1.5 Hour Surfer Sculpt (Beach & water based fitness followed by SUP interval training & a SUP Yoga cool down) as well as Advanced SUP (Race starts, turns, and finishes as well as creating a SUP Interval training program for private clients)
- Training includes teach-backs so that by the end, students will feel confident instructing all classes
- Learn how to create and market successful SUP, SUP Yoga & SUP Fitness classes in your community through our Business Workshop
- Each participant receives product from our sponsors, Paddle Into Fitness certificates, WPA Level 1 Certificate, 3.9 ACE credits and 25 hours of Yoga Alliance CEU credits over four fun filled days!
- As a Paddle Into Fitness ambassador you will receive discounts on water sports insurance, SUP Equipment, SUP apparel, SUP Yoga anchors, and other accessories.* Get great deals on your new SUP business venture!
- FEBRUARY 16-21, 2017• HONOLULU, HAWAII
- APRIL 1-6, 2017 • SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
- MAY 20-22, 2017 ACCELERATED FORMAT • SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
- JUNE 10-13, 2017 • TORONTO, CANADA
- JUNE 12-14, 2017 ACCELERATED FORMAT • LAFAYETTE, COLORADO
- AUGUST 4-6, 2017 ACCELERATED FORMAT • SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA • EVENT INFORMATION
- AUGUST 10-15, 2017 • WEST VANCOUVER, CANADA • EVENT INFORMATION
- OCTOBER 28-NOVEMBER 2, 2017 • SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA • EVENT INFORMATION
Private and Accelerated Certification classes in San Diego or Santa Barbara are available throughout the year. Please email email@example.com to inquire.
When booking a listed course with an ACCELERATED FORMAT, please note: This certification will be held in a small group with an accelerated format (Three days only). The course included all of the same material and training offered in our larger group classes, but at a faster and customized pace. The cost, qualifications, and application process remain unchanged.
Cost: $1500 INCLUDES the six day (Accelerated Format is three days) 30 hour WPA Paddleboard & SUP Fitness program, Paddle Into Fitness Level 1 & 2 SUP, Level 1 WPA Certification ($300 value), 25 hours of Yoga Alliance CEU’s, 2.6 ACE (American Council on Exercise) credentials, and a goodie bag! Snacks and drinks are provided. There is an additional $30 WPA registration fee if you wish to be listed on the WPA website. Please bring your own board & paddle, otherwise equipment can be rented from the host location.
Apply: Fill out the Complete SUP Certification Application and press “Submit”.
Requirements: You will need to submit your current CPR, AED and First Aid certification, and you should be a proficient swimmer and comfortable doing water sports.
It is recommended to have two years of teaching (any kind) experience and two years of yoga experience. It is highly recommended to have your 200 hour RYT certification, however it is not required to apply. (You should be currently enrolled in your 200HR TT or have plans in the near future to attend. It is not advised to be instructing SUP Yoga until this is completed.)
It is recommended to have two years of fitness instruction or coaching experience (e.g. group fitness instruction, personal training, etc.). It is also highly recommended to have a nationally recognized NCCA-accredited fitness certification (such as ACE, ACSM, NSCA or NASM), however it is not required to apply. (You should be currently studying for a NCCA-accredited fitness credential or have plans in the next 12 months of earning a reputable credential. It is not advised to be instructing SUP Fitness programming until a primary fitness certification is earned.)
Note: AIRBNB is an excellent site for finding rooms or cottages (use www.airbnb.com/c/ggibree for $20 credit) and Lyft is a cheap transportation service downloaded through your iPhone. (Use code Gillian297 for $25 free credit).
*Looking for a discount now? Check out our products page for discounts from our partners. (You will be eligible to receive a larger discount after you complete the training)