Receive two days of water time honing your paddle skills and learning how to safely teach a paddleboard beginner SUP lesson! Also learn how to create and market successful Stand Up Paddle classes in your community!
What makes Paddle Into Fitness better than the rest?
- Receive extensive water safety training from qualified Lifeguard/EMT’s with real life scenarios, as well as information on water laws and regulations
- Comprehensive understanding of all equipment required to teach and choose proper equipment – boards, paddles, accessories, anchors, and fins.
- Learn how to teach a safe and thorough Paddle Into Fitness signature Beginner Lesson.
- Paddle technique, turns and race training workshop with Roxy SUP athlete Gillian Gibree (EMT, Ocean Lifeguard, ACE-PT, WPA Master Trainer, E-RYT 200). Learn from professional paddle athletes!
- Gear from Paddle Into Fitness and our sponsors
- Up to 25% discounts on boards, paddles, apparel, and other SUP accessories.* Also receive discounts on water sports insurance!
- Learn how to successfully market classes in your community.
- Become a Paddle Into Fitness Instructor listed in our directory and receive traffic to your website.
- WPA (World Paddle Association) Level 1 Certified Course
- 1.3 American Council on Exercise (ACE) accrediting units
- Paddle Into Fitness Level 1 SUP Certification
- Paddle in a FUN mini Battle of the Paddle race with other students from around the world!
- FEBRUARY 16 & 17, 2017 • HONOLULU, HAWAII
- APRIL 1 & 2, 2017 • SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
- MAY 20, 2017 ACCELERATED FORMAT • SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
- JUNE 10 & 11, 2017 • TORONTO, CANADA
- JUNE 12, 2017 ACCELERATED FORMAT• LAFAYETTE, COLORADO
- AUGUST 4, 2017 ACCELERATED FORMAT • SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA • EVENT INFORMATION
- AUGUST 10 & 11, 2017 • WEST VANCOUVER, CANADA • EVENT INFORMATION
- OCTOBER 28 & 29, 2017 • SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA • EVENT INFORMATION
Private and Accelerated Certification classes in San Diego or Santa Barbara are available throughout the year. Please email email@example.com to inquire.
When booking a listed course with an ACCELERATED FORMAT, please note: This certification will be held in a small group with an accelerated format (One day only). The course included all of the same material and training offered in our larger group classes, but at a faster and customized pace. The cost, qualifications, and application process remain unchanged.
Apply: Fill out the Paddle Into Fitness Paddleboard Teacher Training Application and press “Submit”. The $499 payment can be made online by adding this certification to your cart!
Cost: $499 INCLUDES the 15 hour program of Paddle Into Fitness Level 1, Level 1 WPA Certification ($300 value), 1.3 ACE (American Council on Exercise) credentials and a goodie bag! There is an additional $30 WPA registration fee if you wish to be listed on the WPA website. Snacks and drinks are provided. Please bring your own board, or one can be rented from the host location.
Requirements: You will need to submit your current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification. You should be a proficient swimmer (able to swim 25 yards) and be comfortable doing water sports. It is recommended that you have at least one year of SUP experience and teaching experience.
Note: AIRBNB is an excellent site for finding rooms or cottages (use www.airbnb.com/c/ggibree for $20 credit), and Lyft is an affordable transportation service downloaded through your iPhone. (Use code Gillian297 for $25 free credit)
*Looking for a discount now? Check out our products page for discounts from our partners. (You will be eligible to receive a larger discount after you complete the training)