What makes Paddle Into Fitness the right choice for you?
- Two days (20 hours) of training with the Paddle Into Fitness® team including ROXY Pro SUP Athlete Gillian Gibree (EMT, Ocean Lifeguard, ACE-PT, WPA Instructor, E-RYT 200) honing your paddle skills, learning key techniques, advanced turns and a SUP race workshop. Learn from a professional paddle athlete with SUP racing experience!
- Receive extensive water safety training from a qualified Ocean Lifeguard & certified Aquatic EMT with real-life scenarios, board rescue techniques, and information on water laws and regulations.
- Paddle in a FUN mini Battle of the Paddle race with other students from around the world!
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all equipment required to teach and how to choose proper equipment – boards, paddles, accessories, anchors, and fins.
- Learn how to instruct a safe and thorough beginner stand up paddle board lesson
- Receive an advanced stroke technique and turns workshop from a professional SUP athlete
- Learn how to create and instruct safe and effective Surfer’s Sculpt class, learning key movement techniques, mastering effective exercise cueing and learning the essential elements of creating successful SUP fitness experiences.
- Learn how to teach Advanced SUP lessons – how to correct student’s stroke technique, how to teach advanced turns, and how to design an interval training program for private clients.
- Receive our 12-Week Intro to SUP Fitness beginner training program. Learn how to get your client from “Couch to 5K”
- Receive cutting edge information on training principles, fitness programming and teaching methodologies.
- Receive a Level 1 WPA (World Paddle Association) Certificate, Paddle Into Fitness SUP & SUP Fitness Certificate, and 2.6 CEC’s from the American Council on Exercise (ACE).
- CanFitPro credits eligible with a submitted CEC Request (Entitled to 3 PTS, FIS CECs. CEC Request form is available to download from CanFitPro site)
- NASM, AFAA, and IDEA CEC units
- Listing in our instructor directory, with the options to become a business Affiliate and receive traffic to your business website
You will learn to confidently teach Paddle into Fitness® signature 1.5 hour Beginner Lesson (how to teach a beginner SUP lesson, technique, water safety) a 1.5 Hour Surfer Sculpt (Beach & water based fitness followed by SUP interval training & a SUP Yoga cool down) as well as Advanced SUP (Race starts, turns, and finishes as well as creating a SUP Interval training program for private clients)
- Training includes practical experiences and partner practice teaching so that by the end, students will feel confident instructing SUP fitness programming
- Learn how to navigate the fitness industry and successfully build your personal brand through our Business of SUP workshop
- Each participant receives a swag bag with product from our sponsors, as well as a Paddle Into Fitness Level SUP & SUP Fitness certificate, WPA Level 1 Certificate ($300 value), and 2.6 ACE CEC’s over four fun-filled days!
- As a Paddle Into Fitness ambassador, you will receive a discount on water sports insurance, equipment, and SUP accessories. Get great deals on your new business venture!
Ventura, California ~ October 8 & 10, 2021
$600 INCLUDES the WPA Paddleboard & SUP Fitness program & certificate, Level 1 WPA Certification ($300 value), 2.6 ACE (American Council on Exercise) NASM, AFAA, IDEA, CanFitPro credentials, and a goodie bag! Snacks and drinks are provided. Rental equipment is included, or if preferred, students can bring their own equipment. Bring a Friend and Save 10%! Ask us for the coupon code once you and your friend submit your applications and are ready for payment. If you pay in full two months before the training date, you can receive an Early Bird Discount! Contact us for the discount code.
Fill out the Paddle into Fitness SUP Fitness Teacher Training Application and press “Submit”. A $400 deposit is required. This payment can be made online by adding this certification to your cart. You will need to submit your current CPR, AED and First Aid certification, and you should be a proficient swimmer and comfortable doing water sports. It is recommended to have two years of fitness instruction or coaching experience (e.g. group fitness instruction, personal training, etc.). It is also highly recommended to have a nationally recognized NCCA-accredited fitness certification (such as ACE, ACSM, NSCA or NASM), however it is not required to apply. (You should be currently studying for an NCCA-accredited fitness credential or have plans in the next 12 months of earning a reputable credential. It is not advised to be instructing SUP Fitness programming until a primary fitness certification is earned.) Please see the specific event listing for local hotels and other information. Private Certification classes are available throughout the year at an additional fee. Please email email@example.com to inquire.
Can I earn continuing education credits (CECs) through fitness organizations other than ACE (such as NASM, AFAA, etc.)?
The SUP Fitness training is approved for 2.6 ACE CEC’s and can be directly petitioned with other organizations, such as NASM and AFAA, for continuing education credit as the content and instructor credentials should meet all requirements for approval. Please contact your respective certification organization directly for instructions as to how to petition the course. Typically the petition fee with most fitness certification organizations is $25.
Do I have to take the entire SUP Fitness training if I have already completed a SUP or SUP Yoga training already?
The Paddle Into Fitness SUP Certification & WPA Level 1 is the pre-requisite for the SUP Fitness training, so we would like you to take our full program. However if you have taken an equivalent course of PaddleFit or ACA Level 1&2, then we will accept you into the two day fitness certification. (No other SUP Yoga teacher trainings will be accepted)