Spend four fun filled days on the water learning how to teach SUP and different styles of paddleboard yoga!
What makes Paddle Into Fitness better than the rest?
- Four days of training with the Paddle Into Fitness® team including ROXY Pro SUP Athlete Gillian Gibree (EMT, Ocean Lifeguard, ACE-PT, WPA Instructor, E-RYT 200) honing your paddle skills, learning key techniques, turns and water safety, and two styles of SUP Yoga.
- Comprehensive understanding of all equipment required to teach and choose proper equipment – boards, paddles, accessories, anchors, and fins.
- Learn how to instruct a safe and thorough beginner stand up paddle board lesson
- Receive extensive water safety instruction from qualified Lifeguard/EMT’s with real life scenarios, as well information on water laws and regulations
- Receive an advanced stroke technique and turns workshop from a professional SUP athlete
- Paddle Into Fitness SUP Level 1
- Receive a Level 1 WPA (World Paddle Association) Certificate
- Receive 25 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education credits
- Receive 2.6 American Council of Exercise (ACE) accrediting units
- Listing in our instructor directory, with the options to become a business Affiliate and receive traffic to your business website
- Paddle in a FUN mini Battle of the Paddle race with other students from around the world!
You will learn to confidently teach Paddle into Fitness® signature 1.5 hour paddleboard classes: Beginner Lesson (how to teach a beginner sup lesson, technique, water safety), Gentle Wave (beginner SUP Yoga class with restorative poses and guided savasana meditation) and Nautical Flow (intermediate vinyasa flow class with arm balances and inversions).
- Training includes teach-backs so that by the end, students will feel confident teaching all classes
- Learn how to create and market successful SUP Yoga classes in your community through our Business of SUP Yoga Workshop
- Each participant receives product from our sponsors, Paddle Into Fitness SUP Level 1 certificate, WPA Level 1 Certificate, 2.6 ACE credits and 25 hours of Yoga Alliance CEU credits over four fun filled days!
- As a Paddle Into Fitness ambassador you will receive discounts on water sports insurance, equipment, SUP apparel, SUP Yoga anchors, and other accessories. Get great deals on your new paddle yoga business venture!
Upcoming Certifications: MORE 2017 DATES COMING SOON!
- FEBRUARY 16-19, 2017 • Honolulu, Hawaii • EVENT INFORMATION
- APRIL 1-4, 2017 • SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA • EVENT INFORMATION
- MAY 20-21, 2017 ACCELERATED FORMAT • SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA • EVENT INFORMATION
- JUNE 10-12, 2017 • TORONTO, CANADA • EVENT INFORMATION
- JUNE 12-13, 2017 ACCELERATED FORMAT • LAFAYETTE, COLORADO • EVENT INFORMATION
- OCTOBER 28-31, 2017 • SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA • EVENT INFORMATION
Private and Accelerated Certification classes in San Diego or Santa Barbara are available throughout the year. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
When booking a listed course with an ACCELERATED FORMAT, please note: This certification will be held in a small group with an accelerated format (Two days only). The course included all of the same material and training offered in our larger group classes, but at a faster and customized pace. The cost, qualifications, and application process remain unchanged.
To Apply: Fill out the Paddle Into Fitness SUP Yoga Teacher Training Application and press “Submit”. A $400 non-refundable deposit is required. (Deposit is transferrable to any other training). Payments for each certification can be made online by adding this certification to your cart!
Cost: $999 INCLUDES the four day (Accelerated Format is two days) 30 hour program, Paddle Into Fitness Level 1 SUP, Level 1 WPA Certification ($300 value), 25 hours of Yoga Alliance CEU’s, 2.6 ACE (American Council on Exercise) credentials, and a goodie bag! Snacks and drinks are provided. There is an additional $30 WPA registration fee if you wish to be listed on the WPA website. Please bring your own board & paddle, otherwise equipment can be rented from the host location.
Requirements: You will need to submit your current CPR and First Aid certification, and you should be a proficient swimmer and comfortable doing water sports. It is recommended to have two years of teaching (any kind) experience and two years of yoga experience. It is highly recommended to have your 200 hour RYT certification, however it is not required to apply. (You should be currently enrolled in your 200HR TT or have plans in the near future to attend. It is not advised to be instructing SUP Yoga until this is completed.)